Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater
access to cleaner energy.
ABB Corporate Research, in close collaboration with varied ABB business areas, is developing the foundations for the
next generation of ABB products. We would like to give a highly motivated student the opportunity to complete a
six-month internship with our company in the area of analog circuit design. You will be part of the Sensing and
Analytics group, joining a team of electrical engineers and data scientists.
The future of maritime navigation will be safer, more efficient and more sustainable than today. To achieve these
goals, the marine industry is looking at advanced technological solutions. The ship of the future need to be able to be
fully aware of the surroundings. Computer vision, machine learning, and sensor fusion are some of the technologies that
can contribute to a greater situational awareness.
During your internship, you will be working on different aspects for improving the awareness of a marine vessel. You
will gain experience on working with complex real world data. Possible activities span from computer vision to machine
learning and to signal processing.
- Get familiar with the existing data acquisition pipeline and the available data (including radar, lidar, cameras)
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of algorithm for situational awareness
- Test and validate the newly developed algorithms
- Master student in Electrical Engineering or related field; official enrollment essential
- Solid understanding of one or more among: computer vision, machine learning, sensor fusion and statistical signal
- Experience with Python programming
- Fluent command of English, both written and spoken
- Availability for six months (start/end dates can be discussed)