Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater
access to cleaner energy.
In our global R&D Power Electronics competence center in Turgi, Switzerland, we are looking for a technically
experienced software engineer on senior level, who is open-minded, customer-oriented and innovative and can fill the
role as software architect. Your job will be to define and improve the software architecture for our products and bring
the software to the next level.
In our team, we develop the application and control software for electrical drives in the area of medium voltage Wind
and large medium voltage drives in the power range up to 150 MW. The features are implemented on three different
levels. The upper-layer control is programmed with an IEC61131 based program, the main control layer is programmed with
model-based design in Matlab-Simulink and the very fast control and protection functionalities are implemented on the
You will work within a team responsible for the full range of activities associated with the development of control
software in medium voltage converters. Are you a teamplayer who collaborates across organizational levels in an
intercultural environment in an agile set up? Then this is an opportunity not to miss!
It’s time to rewrite your future – welcome to ABB!
- Responsible for the software architecture for medium voltage wind and medium voltage drives applications
- Handle software configuration management and build processes
- Define the correct implementation for new features between IEC61131, CPU and FPGA layer
- Create software concepts, conduct detailed studies, analyze requirements and outline software specifications
- Contribute to the software development strategy in your area
- Exchange regularly with other architects within your division but also with other experts within ABB
- Involved in the whole software development life cycle: Requirements engineering, design, implementation, tests and
- Analyze problems from system perspective
- Explore possibilities for code sharing with other control platforms that are written in C or C++
- Solid degree in the field of Electrical, Computer and/or Software Engineering
- Excellent software engineering skills including software design and architecture
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience with model-based design in Matlab-Simulink
- Experience with real-time software development
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills together with drive, commitment and team spirit
- Fluent in English
- Know-how of power converters and motor drives is beneficial
- Know-how in C++ is beneficial