Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater
access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for an Authorization Leader for our Global Traction Retrofit business. In this role, you will be
responsible for managing a wide range of activities relating to authorization of our retrofit projects. You will have
the authorization responsibility and prepare the summaries and expertise to the assessors and authorities for securing
a successful authorization. To secure this you will be identifying key requirements and translate
authorization-relevant requirements in specifications for the project. Key will be your existing experience in the
field of vehicle authorization.
Do you combine proven leadership skills with a hands-on mentality and the determination needed to see projects through
to fruition? This is an outstanding opportunity for you to apply your expertise and help shape our business. Let’s
write the future. Together.
- Lead homologation processes in our projects to secure approval in compliance with applicable standards
- Develop authorization plans, description of content and procedure of homologation processes, planning of activities,
description of assessments process, coordinate authorization requirements and preparation of summaries and expertises
- Take an active, hands-on role for performing and coordinate authorization tasks and prepare the documents for
NoBo/DeBo and the authorities
- Secure the assessment process and have regular status meetings with assessors (Notified Bodies, Country Designated
Bodies, etc). Be able to explain the application during discussion with NoBo/ DeBo and defining and following up action
plans in response to findings of the assessor
- Create the homologation dossiers, define the content, comply with the formal requirements, file the official
homologation requests and formal submission of homologation dossiers with authorities
- Solid Master’s degree in Electrical or Rail Vehicle Engineering
- Several years authorization experience within the rail industry and proven track record
- Expertise relating to authorization principles, experience in applying standards and regulation requirements (e.g.
- Pragmatic, hands-on approach combined with team spirit and finely-honed communication skills as well as
assertiveness and determination
- Excellent command of German and English, both written and spoken; additional foreign language skills considered a
- Willingness to travel on business assignments