COMET Technologies USA is the headquarters as well as an important sales, distribution and service hub for the COMET
Group. From this modern facility, we provide our innovative COMET X-ray and ebeam source technology and portable X-ray
systems to leading manufacturers, research labs and government sites within North and South America.
- Work with product development, quality, manufacturing, and outside partners to define and execute comprehensive test
strategies beginning in early prototyping stages through volume production, enabling earliest possible discovery of
failure modes for complex electro-mechanical autonomous systems
- Participate in design reviews, FMEA and provide key ‘Design for Reliability’ inputs to mitigate risks before the
first prototypes are built
- Investigate root cause of reliability failures with the appropriate team and help to drive product improvement based
on testing outcomes
- Interface with internal Comet PCT teams to plan third party extended reliability testing for new products and
existing products at NRTL’s as required
- Monitor testing schedules and deliverables and manage expectations with multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Communicate test progress internally and externally to customers through reports and periodic updates
- Develop the test hardware and software systems required to efficiently execute performance and reliability
validation within fast development schedules
- Be the go-to person on UL, IEC and other and champion product reliability internally within Comet PCT
- Analyze data, calculate statistics, and carefully document test results to support enterprise customers and
regulatory certification efforts
- Lead root cause analysis and help develop process/design mitigations collaborating with mechanical, electrical and
software engineering teams to rapidly implement corrective actions and resolve system issues
- Bachelors/ Master of Science Degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar with relevant
coursework in solar technology and quality control processes
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in reliability testing with familiarity on the industry standards for reliability
testing at NRTL’s.
- 1-2 years of manufacturing and/or quality experience with understanding of technology and processes for
manufacturing standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and quality inspection processes.
- Experience in quality and manufacturing systems, business process improvement tools, and problem solving with
relevant coursework in lean, 6S, zero defect manufacturing processes, inspection methods and tools.
- In-depth understanding of technical documentation and familiarity with statistical analysis tools.
- An experienced and finely-tuned sense of how to test, how not to test, and how to find vulnerabilities in processes
- A systems-engineering approach to problem solving, and a knack for rapidly identifying issues within mechanical,
electrical, and software domains as well as the grey areas between them on tightly integrated systems; strong desire to
drive failure analysis to true root cause
Data protection and confidentiality
We take data protection seriously. “COMET AG” and software partner SAP have taken the necessary organizational and
technical measures to ensure the confidentiality of your application. All HR personnel and umantis employees have a
duty to maintain confidentiality with respect to personal data as part of their employment contract. Automatic 128-bit
encryption ensures that your data is transmitted securely. The processing of your data complies with general data
security standards based on the latest technology.