Committed, dynamic and with a passion for precision, we revolutionise the world of measurement and survey.
Main responsibility of the BSP team is to provide and maintain a tailored operating system image for an extensive
range of Leica Geosystems' products, such as 3D scanners, High precision measurement instruments, GNSS antennas.
Contribute to the open source community and make your work visible on our account! This position is available in Zürich
Senior Linux Kernel Engineer (f/m/d)
Heerbrugg / Zürich
This appeals to you
- Elaborate the technical concept together with cross-functional teams for a broad-range of our devices
- Bring this design to life: bring up, customization and maintenance of the OS image and integration in the CI system
- Integrate and configure drivers for hardware modules as various as cameras, 2D/3D graphics, wireless front ends,
power management ICs
- Develop drivers to interface the Leica specific peripherals, such as sensor boards, angle, camera
- Ensure our high product quality by developing and executing platform-specific tests
- Define the process to configure, calibrate & produce the instruments together with electronics and production
- Want to gain first insights of the products you are working on, then visit , or
This is you
- A relevant university qualification (Bachelor / Master / Ph.D.) in computer science, mechatronic or electronic
- Advanced embedded development skills (BSP, kernel and driver development, debugging)
- In-depth understanding of embedded development on Linux, Yocto, OS internals, open source development, tools,
- Familiar in using git-based repositories and CI/CD systems.
- Structured thinking and strong ability to diagnose hardware and software issues; Hands-on hardware bring-up, system
debugging and code optimization
- Experience with AOSP is a plus
- Experience with contributing to open source project is a plus
- Strong communication skills in English
As part of Hexagon, an enterprise with around 20,000 employees worldwide, we offer interesting and challenging tasks
in a dynamic, high-tech environment within a growing business, enabling our employees to further develop themselves,
nurture their talents and thus make a valuable contribution to achieving our goals.
How can I apply
If you are interested in this challenging and varied position, then we look forward to receiving your online
questions regarding our positions or our company please contact .
Leica Geosystems AG
Heinrich Wild Strasse