For our BI & Analytics team at our headquarters in Winterthur, Switzerland, we are looking for a
Data & Analytics Solution Architect
As market leaders in industrial engineering and manufacturing, we are continuously striving to develop our business by
leveraging digital solutions and smart technologies. Generating analytical insights from IoT and business applications
data is key element of our digitalization strategy.
In this role you will further shape in partnership with the business how to extract and generate value via both new
and existing technical capabilities to efficiently and securely acquire, process and analyze data (e.g. ERP, CRM, IoT,
pricing etc). Furthermore, this role provides a unique opportunity to influence and execute our digital strategy as
thought leader and forerunner via targeted PoCs, MVPs and delivery of scaled solutions.
- Partnering with the business to find new ways of extracting value from our data
- Technical responsibility for the architecture, design and operations of our on-prem and cloud analytics solutions
spanning across IoT, (Big) Data management, BI & analytics services
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots/proof of concepts with our partners, being able to challenge assumptions and
scenarios with hands-on experience and attitude
- Oversee larger implementation projects, and coordinate internal and external resources
- Leading architecture and design reviews
- Accountability for delivery of new solutions
- Document and share technical best practices and insights within Digital, Data Science & IT communities
- Operationalizing and industrializing Analytics use cases including end-to-end data pipelines
- Advising on new technology trends and possible adoption to maintain competitive advantage
- Close collaboration with data scientists and analysts from various functions and business units.
- Contributing to developing our Data Governance approach and framework
- Liaison with our global stakeholders in business, Digital & IT
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering
or similar field
- Big Data and Analytics Solution design on Azure Cloud, specifically:
- 4+ years hands-on as well architecture experience around:
- Data Management (DWH and Data Lake architectures with Azure Data Lake Store, MS SQL, Synapse Analytics, BLOB
storage, Cosmos DB, etc.)
- Data Modeling (e.g. Inmon, Kimball, Data Vault etc.)
- ETL/ELT design with tools such as Informatica, Talend, MS SSIS etc.
- Data Ingestion & Processing (Azure Data Factory, Functions / Batch Ingestion, Stream Analytics, API Management)
- Experience in the following fields will be considered as strong assets:
- Proven track record in partnering with the business to extract value from data.
- IoT (IoT Connectivity & Device Lifecycle Management, Azure IoT Hub, IoT Edge, IoT Central)
- Native cloud application development (Microservices, Container…)
- Data Engineering (Python/pySpark, Hive, SQL)
- AI, Data Science and advanced Analytics (HDinsight, Data Science VM, Azure ML, Stream Analytics, Python, Databricks)
- Security (Active Directory, Application Gateway, Key Vault, Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups)
- DevOps (Continuous Integration / Delivery, testing automation, Azure DevOps, Git(-hub)
- Big-picture thinker with positive attitude while maintaining an attention to detail
- Experienced in managing vendors/partners as well as projects from PoC to scalable solution
- Effective communicator on all levels from subject matter expert to executive level
- Strong track record of delivering results in a global matrix organization
- Project Management skills are a big plus
- Experience working with agile methodologies such as Scrum, SAFe etc.
…an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with various opportunities for further
development within the company.
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online-tool.
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and
application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance
and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class manufacturing facilities and service centers across the
globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2019, our 16’500 employees delivered
revenues of CHF 3.7 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN). www.sulzer.com